Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's the Mooooost Wonderful Tiiiiiime of the Yeeeaaar . . .

Being the good Southern girl that I am, I like to buy a lot of Miss Priss and Master P's clothes from trunk shows (well, not so much Master P anymore - He's getting a little old for appliqued elephants). The bad part of buying from trunk shows is that I have to order everything in February (for the spring/summer) and July (for the fall/winter). It's also bad because the credit card bills for those months are usually on the scary side, and I often (sometimes justifiably) get the evil eye from DH. The GOOD part of ordering from trunk shows (aside from the precious clothes) happens about now, because all those clothes I selected and paid for several months ago start showing up on my doorstep. Hooray!!! For example, yesterday, this cute little number arrived from Just Ducky (I did Miss Priss's full monogram on my order):

A few weeks ago, this Wizard of Oz bishop arrived from another one of my favorites, Orient Expressed:
It has a darling little sweater to match, and I actually found "ruby slippers" at Target to complete the look (I don't usually go for sparkly shoes for non-costume wear, but I figured I'd make an exception for the Wizard of Oz bishop).

I also got this darling Ladybug pants set - love the polka dot pants:


And this pumpkin bishop for the pumpkin patch trip and Thanksgiving:


From another favorite company, Kelly's Kids, I picked up one of these name shirts and the polka dot pants:


Of course, the best deliveries are yet to come - My custom orders (these are the BEST trunk shows - you pick the style of outfit, you pick the fabric, you pick the applique/smocking, etc.)! My favorites are Beaux et Belles and Hannah Kate, but there are others I like, too. I'm trying out Three Mommas for the first time this season - We've got the little apple outfit coming (I liked the sample so much that I didn't change a thing!):

So fun! I wish I had Miss Priss's closet.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, how fun it is to go home and see if the UPS man has come! It's like Christmas every day this time of year! I am still waiting on most of my stuff. We did get Just Ducky though! Now I just have to wait for the summer weather to depart. I'm glad you found the red sparkly shoes -- how cute will that be? I can't wait to see pics Miss Priss and Master P in their new duds!!

Courtney said...

I love all your selections.
They will look adorable in them!