Monday, October 13, 2008

Go Heels!

I would just like to say that it was a challenging weekend at my house. My beloved Tar Heels played the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in football on Saturday. "But Carolina Belle," you say, "Didn't the Tar Heels win?" Why yes, they did! So what's the problem? It's quite simple: DH went to Notre Dame. Eeek! Not only did he attend Notre Dame, but he is as big a ND fan as I am a Tar Heel fan. So, we had people over for a little game-watching party, and I used my cute Carolina serveware, and dressed Miss Priss in her UNC bishop dress, but the fun of the party (and the victory) were overshadowed by DH's despondent mood. Poor boy. I tried to be compassionate and respectful, but I really wanted to do a little victory dance. Oh well. Next week we'll be back to rooting for the same team again. Meanwhile, GO HEELS!!!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh boy, that must have been a little awkward. I am sure that you were completely gracious in victory! I love that you have proper Carolina serveware!