Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Since when did J. Crew get so la dee da?

I've been shopping at J.Crew for as long as I can remember. It was always a great place to get nice, classic pieces that didn't look like an old lady. So don't get me wrong, I love J. Crew. However, now they have introduced the "J. Crew Collection," which is essentialy Fancy J. Crew. Banana Republic did this too (the "Monogram Collection," I believe). However, I haven't noticed any $2000+ items at BR. And yet, there it is, at J. Crew, a $2200 Astor jacket! If you don't like that, there is a $400 beaded shell. What on EARTH? Are they serious? I mean, I love J. Crew, but if I am going to buy a $2000 jacket, it's not coming from J. Crew. (Mr. Belle is thinking, "um, NO, Carolina Belle. There will be NO $2000 jackets. From anywhere").
As long as J. Crew continues to have the normal stuff they've always carried, I suppose I can get over it. I still think it's crazy though! While we're on the subject of Fancy J. Crew/Banana Republic, however, how cute is this top (from BR Monogram)?
I think it would be adorable for Christmas parties, New Year's, etc. I might need it. Hmm . . .

4 comments:

Leigh said...

I really do like how J.Crew's assortment caters to everyone. I like having the fun and quirky pieces while having the casual and preppy pieces. It really does make dressing fun.

Pink Flamingo said...

I absolutely LOVE JCrew to pieces...about 85% of my wardrobe is from there, but in my book JCrew will always be one-stop store for casual everyday preppy pieces...not something to wear to an event, etc.

Cathy said...

Oooh, CUTE Fancy Banana shirt! Re: J.Crew, yeah, it's sort of like Williams Sonoma Home. If you are going to drop megamegabucks on a cashmere blanket, is it really going to be from Williams Sonoma Home? I do tend to stick with casual at J.Crew.

Michelle said...

How funny! I was just shopping online this morning and thinking the same thing! I LOVE J. Crew and have shopped there forever, but the collection is a bit much.
Great blog!