Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa Success!

Soooo, last year, Miss Priss was . . . not a fan of Santa. It was an all-out, full-scale Festival of Shrieking (poor Santa - he was a really good sport).
This year, I feared that we would have more of the same, because we've had months of "I not sit in Santa's lap" comments from her. One year of the Screaming Picture on Santa's lap is cute - something for the wedding rehearsal dinner slideshow. Two years in a row, and you start to look like you are torturing your children. However, we saw a ray of light a few weeks ago, when Master P informed her that Santa would give her toys (we had mentioned this, but the light seemed to go on when he told her). She started saying, "If I sit on Santa's lap, he will bring me princesses." Yes, baby - That's PRECISELY right. Heck, if you sit on Santa's lap and smile, Mommy might even get him to bring you a PONY. Seeing my window of opportunity, I talked it up BIG all week, and finally on Friday, I decided to suck it up and take the plunge . . . SUCCESS!!!! I even got a darling, smiley picture out of it. Plus, at the end of their time with Santa, both kids gave him a huge hug:

It was a very happy mommy moment. Plus, I apparently captured lightning in a bottle, because when we went to Breakfast with Santa the next morning, she was back to old ways - refusing to sit on his lap, and just waving at him from behind Mr. Belle. Oh, well. I got my picture, and DFS isn't going to come get me for Santa Torture, so it's all good.

No comments: